Intrusion Prevention System
Protection against network manipulation
ARP-GUARD Layer 2 IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) acts as an early warning system to identify vulnerabilities in the network and to detect and ward off attacks in real time. The sensors continuously analyze data traffic for signs of unusual or suspicious behavior that could indicate an attack. If a potential threat is detected, alerts are triggered and the source of the attack is clearly identified.
In addition, ARP-GUARD can automatically take action to block or contain the attack. Various reaction types can be set in the ARP-GUARD rule set in a user-defined manner.
Your benefits at a glance:
Identification of internal attacks on Layer 2
- Detection of ARP spoofing (also ARP poisoning / man-in-the-middle attacks)
- Detection of IP and MAC address conflicts / IP spoofing
- Prevention of CAM table overflow and detection of MAC flooding
- Prevention of DoS and DDoS attacks
- Real-time alerting
- Automatic reactions according to rules
- Clear identification of the source of the attack